Jump To Section
Group projects help students learn real-world skills and can be:
- Used across all modalities
- Rewarding or frustrating for students depending on how they are facilitated
Tips to Facilitate Groups
- Emphasize the importance of teamwork
- Underscore the positive and negative aspects of working within a group
- Understand not all students have training on how to be a good group member
- Teach team skills at the beginning of the project
- Provide adequate time to be successful for the project
- Use peer review for quality assurance within the group
- Require check-ins for the students
Tools within Canvas
The Group area within Canvas includes valuable features for your students. Some useful tools include:
You may find it helpful to give them a little bit of a tour of the group area and help them to navigate the different tools so that they can be successful using those tools within Canvas.
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Resources for supporting students including career guidance, writing, APA, and EAGLET.