- Rank letter, “You’ve been hired as” from Academic Affairs
- Complete Human Resources (HR) requirements
- Receive HR Clearance
Welcome to ERAU-W:
- Welcome email and Activity from RCTLE
- Setup Canvas profile and complete Welcome to ERAU-W Activity
- Wait for an email with scheduling information
- iTeachER course opens 60 days before your term starts. You have 30 days to complete it
- Complete the college orientation
- Certificate to teach online is issued upon completion
- Teaching other modalities requires additional certifications
- Annual recertification is required
Before & During First Term Teaching:
|Week||RCTLE Team Will|
|One Week Prior to Term||Checks-in with new faculty|
|Week Two||Follow up with information about quality feedback|
|Week Three||Shares ways to manage quality discussions|
|Week Four||Provides guidance on using announcements and groups|
|Midpoint of the term||Follows up|
Ongoing Offerings & Support:
- Virtual Faculty Learning Communities
- Self-Paced Workshops
- Tip Clips
- Special Sessions
- Resource Site
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Information about the initial faculty development (iTeachER) course experience, which is required for all new ERAU-W prior to teaching their first course. Enrollment in iTeachER occurs sixty days before the term start of your first online course and is conducted entirely online.
Self-Paced Workshops (1)
Self-paced workshops are available to all ERAU-W faculty and take 2-4 hours to complete. Each workshop focuses on specific topics in teaching and technology.
Virtual Faculty Learning Community (V-FLC) (1)
Each spring and fall, we coordinate collaborative asynchronous experiences for ERAU-W faculty. These V-FLC experiences span multiple weeks, include weekly resources, and engaging discussions around a specific teaching topic.