How do I use the Canvas Assignments tool?
Assignments include Quizzes, graded Discussions, and online submissions (i.e. files, images, text, URLs, etc.). Assignments in Canvas can be used to challenge students’ understanding and help assess competency by using a variety of media. The Assignments page shows students all of the Assignments that will be expected of them and how many points each is worth.
Assignments can be assigned to everyone in the course or differentiated by section or user.
The Assignments page supports keyboard shortcuts. Press the comma key and a pop-up window with keyboard shortcuts will appear for keyboard navigation.
To learn more, read the Assignments section of the Canvas Instructor Guide. Topics include:
- How to create an assignment
- The difference between an Assignment and an Activity
- Set due dates and availability dates
- Add an assignment group
- Create rules for an assignment group
- Assign an assignment to an individual student
- Duplicate an assignment
- Set a grading scheme
- Peer review assignments
- Cloud assignments with Microsoft Office 365