What is the purpose of Salesforce?
The purpose of Salesforce is to track trends and issues in a consistent system across the university. This enables us to best serve our students and provide data to ERAU leadership.
Entering Salesforce Cases
- Mandatory fields are:
- Student Name
- For anonymity concerns, check the box “Student wish to remain anonymous?”
- Student name is required
- In the message field add information to clarify students wishes
- It is important to understand the limitations when selecting to remain anonymous
Use of Salesforce by Faculty Quality Managers (FQMs)
- FQMs solve cases by reviewing chief complaints
- FQMs interpret data available in Canvas
- Email communications not regularly monitored; only retrieved for verification purposes
- Important to see the steps students have taken
- Have they spoken to their instructors?
- Have they allowed 48 hours for a reply if an email was sent?
- Remain objective with the information presented
- Escalate through college leadership as necessary
- Formal grievances are filed through Student Affairs
- At the end of term, grade dispute process needs to be followed per POM
Best Practices in Salesforce
- Conversations with students:
- What is the desired outcome?
- What resolution is the student seeking? (e.g., general complaint versus action-oriented complaint)
- Apply university policy and procedure
- Communication with students should be paraphrased, not quoted
- Provide supporting documentation