EagleVision Zoom Resource
Zoom is conferencing software available for all university faculty and students. Use it for teaching classes, web conferencing, and hosting meetings. It is integrated with Canvas. The following are instructions on how to set it up.
Setting Up A Meeting Room
To get started, you will need to set up a meeting room on Zoom.
From your Canvas Course select the Zoom link from the course navigation
Result: the Zoom course meetings interface is displayed
Screenshot of the Canvas global navigation showing the Zoom link
Select the Schedule a New Meeting button
Result: the Schedule a Meeting setup form opens
Screenshot showing the initial Zoom screen with the Schedule a New Meeting button highlighted
Enter the course meeting information
- Topic auto-filled with course name
- Description of the meeting (optional)
- When the meeting will occur
- Duration (optional)
- Time Zone defaults to your Canvas Account Profile setting
- Recurring Meeting select for weekly class meetings
- Avoid changing other settings
Select the Save button
Result: a confirmation message is displayed and your meeting is created
Screenshot of the Zoom Schedule a Meeting entry form
Starting A Meeting
- Select the Upcoming Meetings tab
- Select Start
Result: the Zoom Launch Application dialogue window opens
Screenshot of the Zoom Upcoming Meetings tab
Select the Open Link
Result: the Join Audio dialogue window opens
Note: Prior to first meeting, you will need to download the Zoom Desktop application.
Screenshot of the Zoom Launch Application dialogue box
- Select the Record button and Record to the Cloud.
- Note there is a delay before the recording will show in the Cloud Recordings tab.
- Result: Zoom begins recording your session
- Enroll in Zoom Resource. Note: this is not the EagleVision Zoom Training certification.
- Download the Zoom Meetings Training Reference Guide. Note: some features may not be available.
If you are teaching an EagleVision Hybrid or Classroom course, please send the Join URL link to the campus (or campuses) as soon as possible so they have it in case of an emergency. You will need to send the link via email to the campus email address and include the course information. To get the campus email, type the campus name in Outlook and then the email address should come up as a suggestion or you can select Check Names.