An interactive discussion on instructor burnout and related topics found in the article 8 Strategies to Prevent Teaching Burnout from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Maslach Burnout Inventory for Educators ($15 for full version)
- 8 strategies to prevent teaching burnout
- Burnout is everyone’s problem
- How online instructors can avoid burnout (written before pandemic but specific to online instructors)
- The Resilient Practitioner: Burnout and Compassion Fatigue Prevention and Self-Care Strategies for the Helping Professions 3rd Edition by Thomas M. Skovholt (Author), Michelle Trotter-Mathison (Author)
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Assessing & Improving (3)
This section provides resources for assessing student learning, assessing your teaching, and improving your class(es).
These are how-to documents, guides, tip clips, and just-in-time resources. If it is step-by-step instructions on using a tool, place the item here instead of under Technology.
Here you will find teaching information on pedagogy, policies, professionalism, principles, frameworks, and student populations. Topics include FAC-10, Bloom's Taxonomy, Preterm Setup, and Information for Instructors.
This section provides guidance on classroom management, issues, methods, assessment, improvement, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Topics include feedback, engagement, instructor presence, and active learning.