Teaching with Canvas:
For course developers: Non-Scoring Rubrics
- Rubrics can be created without point values to create a non-scoring rubric. This feature promotes learning engagement by helping students focus on assignment feedback instead of point values.
- When grading an assignment with a non-scoring rubric in SpeedGrader, instructors select ratings from the rubric for students to view, but points are not associated with each of the ratings.
- The details: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14923-canvas-release-non-scoring-rubrics
DocViewer – Stacking Replies
- Comment replies are stacked together and can be expanded to view the entire comment thread.
- This change helps manage multiple comments in a document.
Dashboard – Student To-Do List
- The Dashboard includes an option to view all course tasks in a list format. This view is currently only available to students.
- In addition to displaying automatically populated graded To Do items, the List view allows instructors to add non-graded items to the To Do list and students to add their own items to the To Do items.
- This change helps students manage all tasks across all their courses in a user-friendly format that also allows for user customization.
For a complete production release update information: Canvas Release Notes.
Video note: all features shown may not be available. For example, the new grade book is not yet enabled for Worldwide courses.
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Assessing & Improving (2)
This section provides resources for assessing student learning, assessing your teaching, and improving your class(es).
These are how-to documents, guides, tip clips, and just-in-time resources.
Here you will find teaching information on pedagogy, policies, professionalism, principles, frameworks, and student populations. Topics include FAC-10, Bloom's Taxonomy, Preterm Setup, and Information for Instructors.
This section provides guidance on classroom management, issues, methods, assessment, improvement, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Topics include feedback, engagement, instructor presence, and active learning.