Here are the steps to add a video to an announcement:
- Select the Announcements link from the Course Navigation menu
- Select the + Announcement button
- Result: the Create new announcement page opens
- Enter a title for your post in the Topic Title field
- From the rich text editor menu select the Record/Upload Media icon
- Select Upload/Record Media from the drop-down menu
- Result: the Upload Media page opens
- Drag and drop your video onto the outlined area
- When the video finishes uploading and processing, check the Add CC/Subtitles
- Select English from the Choose your language drop-down
- Select Submit
- Result: the video is embedded in the text area.
Note that this functionality works best in the Chrome and Firefox browsers.
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Assessing & Improving (3)
This section provides resources for assessing student learning, assessing your teaching, and improving your class(es).
These are how-to documents, guides, tip clips, and just-in-time resources. If it is step-by-step instructions on using a tool, place the item here instead of under Technology.
Here you will find teaching information on pedagogy, policies, professionalism, principles, frameworks, and student populations. Topics include FAC-10, Bloom's Taxonomy, Preterm Setup, and Information for Instructors.
This section provides guidance on classroom management, issues, methods, assessment, improvement, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Topics include feedback, engagement, instructor presence, and active learning.