The purpose of Salesforce is to track trends and issues in a consistent system across the university. This enables us to best serve our students and provide data to ERAU leadership.
Entering Salesforce Cases
- Mandatory fields are:
- Student Name
- For anonymity concerns, check the box “Student wish to remain anonymous?”
- Student name is required
- In the message field add information to clarify students wishes
- It is important to understand the limitations when selecting to remain anonymous
Use of Salesforce by Faculty Quality Managers (FQMs)
- FQMs solve cases by reviewing chief complaints
- FQMs interpret data available in Canvas
- Email communications not regularly monitored; only retrieved for verification purposes
- Important to see the steps students have taken
- Have they spoken to their instructors?
- Have they allowed 48 hours for a reply if an email was sent?
- Remain objective with the information presented
- Escalate through college leadership as necessary
- Formal grievances are filed through Student Affairs
- At the end of term, grade dispute process needs to be followed per POM
Best Practices in Salesforce
- Conversations with students:
- What is the desired outcome?
- What resolution is the student seeking? (e.g., general complaint versus action-oriented complaint)
- Apply university policy and procedure
- Communication with students should be paraphrased, not quoted
- Provide supporting documentation
The mission of the Rothwell Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is to empower faculty members in their pursuit of professional growth through diverse offerings for the universal goal of student success.
Resources for supporting students including career guidance, writing, APA, and EAGLET.